This is Your Life!!!
Over the past thirteen years you’ve had some memorable experiences. For this project, you will reflect on some of those memories. Here’s what your project will include:
1. TITLE PAGE (5 marks)
2. TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF (30marks)
3. AUTOBIOGRAPHY POEM (10 marks)
4. PHOTOS/ILLUSTRATIONS (20 marks)
5. SELF-EVALUATION/REFLECTION (10 marks)
6. ORGANIZATION, CREATIVITY (15 marks)
TOTAL 90 marks
DUE DATE: MONDAY, OCTOBER 26th
1. TITLE PAGE (5 marks)
Create a page including an original title and design that represents something about you. You may choose to use photographs, captions, hand-drawn pictures or make a collage by cutting out words, pictures and captions that you feel are representative of you (look for a web based collage/magazine maker) Fd Flickr toys http://bighugelabs.com/magazine.php
2. WRITING – TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF (30 marks)Type in Google docs
a) WHAT IS A MEMORY? (15 marks)Insert Page Break
b) OPEN-ENDED SENTENCES (5 marks)Insert Page Break
c) NAME HISTORY (5 marks)Insert Page Break
d) WONDER WHAT I’LL DO (5 marks)Insert Page Break
3. AUTOBIOGRAPHY POEM (10 marks) Type in Google Docs
This 11-line poem will give you a chance to write about a person you know quite well: yourself. Do not aim at rhyme, but use lively, colorful, and specific language.
Avoid careless repetition; find another way to express your idea, or find another idea to express.
Although an auto-bio poem is personal, it is not private. It is meant for others to read, so put your best effort into it. Reread, revise, and edit.
Your first name only, or your nickname –
Four traits or qualities that describe you, (use adjectives)
Brother/Sister of . . . (their names),
Lover of . . . (three ideas, groups, people, etc.),
Who feels . . . (three emotions),
Who needs . . . (three items),
Who gives . . . (three items),
Who fears . . . (three items),
Who would like to see . . . (three items)
Who lives . . . (describe briefly where),
--- Your last name only.
Insert Page Break
4. PHOTOS / ILLUSTRATIONS (20 marks)
Gather 13-14 photos of yourself (try to find at least one photo for every year of your life). Write 2-3 sentences to explain the story behind each picture you’ve chosen. Within your explanation, you may choose to discuss:
a. where the photo was taken
b. who else is in the photo
c. anything special/interesting that happened on that particular day / week / month / year.
** TALK TO YOUR PARENTS!! ASK FOR PERMISSION BEFORE REMOVING ANY PHOTOS FROM YOUR HOME.** (Keep it digital)
5. SELF-EVALUATION / REFLECTION (10 marks) Type in google docs
Answer the following questions in paragraph format about the autobiography project:
• What did I do well?
• What areas could I improve on?
• What was the best part about doing this project?
• What was the hardest part?
• Did I proofread my work?
• Is my project neat and organized?
• Was it completed on time?
• Was I creative?
• Did I use my class time well?
• How does the final product look?
YOU CANNOT COMPLETE THE SELF-EVALUATION SECTION UNTIL YOUR PROJECT IS COMPLETE!!
2. AUTOBIOGRAPHY WRITING – TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF
a) WHAT IS A MEMORY? (10 marks)
Fill in the blanks below:
1. Memories of long ago (jot down your earliest memories)
2. Memories that make you laugh
3. Memories that make you cry
4. Memories that are warm (moments that give you hope in bad times)
5. Memories precious as gold (moments you wouldn’t trade for anything…proud moments and big accomplishments)
After filling in the blanks, pick two ideas and write a paragraph describing each memory. Be sure to include an introductory paragraph (2-3 sentences) and a concluding paragraph (2-3 sentences). Be as descriptive as possible. Recreate the memory so the reader can truly get an image in their mind.
Fill in the Blanks (5 marks)
Memory Description 1 (5 marks)
Memory Description 2 (5 marks)
b) OPEN-ENDED SENTENCES (5 marks)
Complete the following open-ended sentences to be true for you. Include 2-3 ideas for each sentence.
1. One thing people often think about me but is not true is…
2. One of my greatest fears is…
3. Most people don’t know this, but I…
4. It makes me so angry when…
5. One thing I do not understand is…
c) NAME HISTORY (5 marks)
Find out the answers to the following questions:
1. Why were you given your name?
2. What is the ethnic origin of your name?
3. What does your name mean?
4. If YOU could have chosen your name, what would you have picked and why?
Now, create a page, however you want, answering these questions.
D) WONDER WHAT I’LL DO (5 marks)
Write about your future. Imagine where you’ll be in 5 years, 10 years, 20 years. What are your hopes and goals for the future?What do you want to do when you finish school? Describe one type of career you are interested in. Why would this be a good career for you?